Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Pomanders

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today (as we all do around this time of year), so I thought I would make some holiday pomanders and invite my dear friend Minerva over to help me out. My mum and I used to make these together at Christmas time when I was a little girl, so the smell of these cloved oranges bring back a bundle of fabulous holiday memories.





You will need:

Oranges
Whole cloves
Toothpicks


Method:

Prick the rind of the orange to start a hole. Then, just press a clove bud into the hole. The cloves should fit snuggly. Make any design you choose!

This is a very kid friendly project too.


Have fun and Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine!

    Just wanted to let you know we used your photo of the cloved oranges at our website bostoninfrench.org. You can find the post with your photo here: http://www.bostoninfrench.org/group/le-noel-francais/forum/topics/cloved-oranges

    Please let me know if tou want me to remove the photo, and I will do so immediately.

    Thanks and great photo, by the way :)

    Isabel Leon
    Administrator, Boston in French

    ReplyDelete